About the school:
The IH Madrid Spanish language school is set in an excellent location right in the centre of Madrid, near the Plaza de Colon, in a vibrant, commercial, elegant and secure area.
IH Madrid is located in a modern three-storey building (pictured, above, the reception area) and is equipped with the latest facilities which have been specially designed with the student in mind to motivate your learning and interaction.
IH Madrid has an international reputation, specialising in language teaching and teacher training. In addition to Spanish, we also offer other languages, so there are plenty of opportunities to practice your Spanish with native speakers.
The language school has another centre, just a five minute walk away, with a further 14 classrooms housing our Business Language Department.
Courses at IH Madrid:
- Intensive (20 hours) Our most popular course! You will have 20 lessons a week where you will be able to develop your language skills in small multilingual groups.
- Intensive plus (20 + 5 one to one classes) To kick start your Spanish and reach your personal goal! This course includes 20 lessons plus 5 one to one classes a week.
- Super intensive mini skills (20 + 10 speaking skills) We recommend this course for those who want to improve their Spanish in record time! You will have 20 lessons in the group intensive classes in the morning plus 10 hours of communication practice in small groups in the afternoon.
- 121 Spanish and sightseeing (15 hours) Enjoy a personal sightseeing tour and practise your Spanish with just you and your teacher. Combine theory and practice with one to one classes in the morning and then have the opportunity to practice what you’ve learnt with your teacher while visiting the sights of Madrid!
- Spanish language and culture - 50+ (20 hours) Enjoy Spanish with your peer group! This exclusive course is intended for those who fall into the 50+ age group and wish to improve their Spanish with people of similar age and interests while combining it with Spanish culture.
- Spanish and Internships Gain professional experience and learn Spanish in a work environment. Following a 4-week intensive General Spanish course, undertake a work placement related to a specific field of expertise in a company in Madrid specifically chosen to cater for your needs.
Exam preparation courses
- DELE preparation courses Combine Intensive group classes with one to one classes which are specifically to prepare for the official Instituto Cervantes DELE exams. 4 or 2 - week sessions to help you with strategies for the exam. IH Madrid is a registered examination centre for the DELE exams.
- Business Spanish exams Prepare for Chamber of Commerce Business Spanish exams by following a specific syllabus. You will also be able to take the exam at IH Madrid.
- Executive Spanish and Spanish for specific purpose (20 to 40 hours a week) One to one classes designed for those who wish to improve their Spanish in order to communicate effectively and fluently in a business environment.
- Summer programme for teenagers Intensive Spanish programme for 13 – 17 year olds from 2 to 6 weeks. The teenagers are housed in carefully selected Spanish families within easy reach of the school. All the activities and excursions are supervised and we have an activity leader exclusively in charge of the junior programme and the welfare of the teenagers.
- One to one tuition Tailor made lessons that perfectly match your needs.
- Group programmes Our closed group programmes are totally flexible and are tailor-made to suit the specific budgets, interests and needs of the group, such as number of students per class, hours of tuition, programme content, type of activities and accommodation.
IH Madrid can provide you, if necessary, with accommodation to cater for whatever your needs are.
- With a Spanish host family, sharing in the daily life of a selected family
- In a student residence - single or double room (summer only)
- In a university residence (summer only)
- In shared apartments
- In a hostel / hotel of your choice