A world-class university
Our business school is the first in Australia to achieve all three leading international accreditation symbols of excellence:
• AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
• EQUIS (the accreditation body of the European Foundation for Management Development)
• AMBA (The Association of MBAs).
Almost 6,800 of our students are international students from more than 100 countries.
QUT is the only university in Queensland to be awarded 5 Stars for finding a job after university in the 2011 Good Universities Guide.
Strength in research
We have a ranking of world standard or above in more than 75% of our research, assessed under the Australian Government’ Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment framework of 2010.
We received the highest possible score (5 out of 5) in:
• physical chemistry
• information systems
• languages, communication and culture
• communication and media studies.
We were awarded above world standard (4 out of 5) in:
• mathematical sciences
• applied mathematics
• physical sciences
• chemical sciences
• information and computing sciences
• library and information studies
• environmental engineering
• built environment and design
• medical and health sciences
• human movement and sports science
• applied economics
• business and management
• cultural studies.
QUT has long-standing links with a number of leading international public and private sector organisations including:
• The World Bank
• World Health Organisation.
Our accommodation service can help you find somewhere to live when you arrive in Brisbane. We can assist with information and advice on:
• living in Brisbane (suburbs, transport, facilities) and setting up a home (furniture, appliances, internet)
• searching for temporary and permanent accommodation
• dealing with real estate agents and landlords
• any tenancy related questions or issues that may arise.
Homestay accommodation lets you stay with an Australian family who will provide you with meals, a room, and help you get accustomed to living in Brisbane. Homestay is a great opportunity to get to know Australian culture, improve your English, and live with a supportive family.
You can apply for homestay accommodation once you’re enrolled.